For the muffin batter:
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate, 65 % cocoa contents
- 7 tablespoons lightly salted butter
- 2/3 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup blond cane sugar
- Chopped green unsalted pistachios and hazelnuts, to decorate
For the icing:
- 2 oz dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven at 350 F, and prepare a muffin pan by placing paper cases in each hole.
- Using a double boiler (or a bowl placed above a pot full of simmering water, bowl not touching the water), melt the chocolate with the butter.
- In the meantime, place the sugar and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer, and whisk until light in color and the volume has almost doubled.
- Add the melted chocolate while whisking slowly.
- Then, use a wooden spoon to mix in the flours. Combine until just homogeneous.
- Fill the paper cases 3/4 full and bake for about 15 minutes. Let the muffins cool.
- To make the icing, use the double boiler again and melt the chocolate with the cream. Take a knife and spread a little icing on each muffin. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and hazelnuts, and let cool completely for the icing to set.